State Clean Energy Index
2012 Index Now Available!
Clean Edge's State Index is a valuable resource for analysis of the emerging developments shaping the U.S. clean-tech landscape. The subscription service provides full access to the underlying dataset (including report cards for all 50 states and performance tables for all indicators), advisory hours, a custom webinar presentation for each client, permission to site data publicly, and other benefits.
Download the 2012 Executive Summary
Learn More about Subscription Details and Pricing
The State Clean Energy Index provides an unparalleled analysis of the clean-energy marketplace. No other service offers such deep tracking and understanding of the most relevant technology, policy, and capital developments in the U.S. clean-tech industry. The Index provides:
- Comparative benchmarking of clean-energy activities, based on rankings of all 50 states
- In-depth analysis of technology, policy, and financing trends in each state – including highlights of best practices and case studies
- Complete data showing which clean-tech sectors are expanding and what markets are ripe for development
- Rich insight on each state's relative strengths and weaknesses providing guidance for strategic plans and initiatives
Designed to track the development and deployment of clean-energy technologies, indicators in this category look at metrics related to technology deployment. Indicators in this category cover:
- Clean electricity generation and capacity (wind, solar, geothermal, etc.)
- Hybrid, electric, and natural gas vehicles and infrastructure
- Green building deployment
- Smart grid and energy efficiency measures
The Policy category measures the effectiveness of each state’s policy structure by tracking the existence and strength of clean-energy incentives and requirements. Key Policy indicators cover:
- Renewable portfolio standard strength and structure
- Climate/greenhouse gas-related regulations
- Renewable energy/energy efficiency incentives
- Utility decoupling
Along with tracking the latest state level clean-energy investment activity, the Capital category tracks human and intellectual capital within the clean-tech economy. Some indicators include:
- Venture capital activity (dollars and deals)
- Utility energy efficiency spending
- Clean-energy patents
- Green jobs
- University clean-technology development
Custom Index Research and Advisory Services
Clean Edge is also available to conduct a wide range of custom research including analyzing specific sectors, regions, companies, investments, pricing or other trends, and much more.
Details of subscription access to the State Index can be found on our Subscription Details and Pricing Sheet.
For more information, or for a private demonstration, please contact: